Sunday, May 30, 2010

Opening Day...part 2

Let me show you a bunch of pictures first of what the store looks like:

My daughter Caitlin did all of the displays and everyone told me how beautiful the store looked!

Just a few views as you walk in for the first time.
Here are Paul (on guitar and vocals) and Chester (bass)
They definitely won a few more new fans yesterday.  The couple that live above Idiosyncrazies only complaint was that it wasn't loud enough to really hear the music.  I gave them one of Paul's CD's to listen to and they LOVE it!
There was one gentleman who came to the opening yesterday and heard Paul singing and came back to buy his CD today.  He told me that Paul's voice just stuck in his head and he really loved the way he sounds. 
Paul and Chester most definitely charmed the audience.  They were even polite enough to take a request from my Dad.  (THANK YOU PAUL & CHESTER you both were fabulous!)

Friends and family all showed up for our "big" opening. 

Betsy, Matt, Lily and Lainey came all the way from Pennsylvania to visit it.  The girls walked away with 2 beautiful Fair Trade Mayan dolls.   (Bets , I hope that wasn't too much sunburn I'm seeing in this picture)
It was a very special treat for me to see them.  I worked with Betsy at a previous job and she kept me sane and happy with her sharp wit and fabulous sense of humor.   Look at those little girls of hers...aren't they gorgeous?


 
This here is Mish-elle Renee' Brown! 
Margie and I worked with Michelle about 10 years ago.  That was the birth of Curly Girl Cakes and Michelle has seen these little babies grow and develop into a business of her own. 
We could tell you some freakin' hysterical stories about Michelle, but our contract with her won't allow it.  (You'll just have to contact her and ask her for yourself)

Idiosyncrazies is the bottom floor of a two story building.  Above us is an apartment. A very nice couple moved in recently and I let them know that we were having music on our opening and hoped it wouldn't bother them too much.  They were great about it and even came down stairs to wish us well and give us a beautiful plant to have in our shop. 
 
Thank you Rob and Robin for being such wonderful neighbors. 
They also have a very handsome Staffordshire Terrier named B.A. Baracus.  He's a terror, he's ferocious he'll lick you to death if you come near him.  We feel very safe with Baracus around!

Our opening exceeded both Margie and my expectations.  Surrounded by family and friends and meeting new people who came in out of curiosity.

We talked today about the future of Idiosyncrazies and how we want to promote the business and the artists/artisans who want and need a place to display their work.  It comes down to this:  Your success is OUR success - so let's work together to make it happen.

We will! 

Thank you everyone again - I don't want to sound like a broken record or insincere but we really are thankful.

Be well all!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm so glad to hear it went well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not too much sunburn Sharon :) The girls are still talking about our visit ... no doubt we'll be back to "visit" the fairies soon !!!

    B

    P.S.: Love this pic, may make it my FB profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous day and what a truly gorgeous shop you have, Shazza.
    Many congratulations on getting it all up and running and my very best wishes for your success in the future.

    ReplyDelete